Final Presentaion

[06/12/2012]

After an intense 12 weeks, Monday saw us present our concepts for a chair to be used by the office workers of 2035. In attendance were our fellow students, Stuart Bailey and Nick & Craig from Steelcase.

The day got off to a good start when my full-scale model chair survived the danger-fraught journey from the studio to the seminar room. Given that I would have to leave early due to work commitments, I knew in advance that I would be going first. This can often be the most nerve-wracking slot but, in hindsight, I'm glad it was assigned to me. It meant that after I finished I could sit back and listen to the other presentations without worrying about what I was going to say.

Overall I felt my presentation went as well as it could have. I delivered it better than I had in any of my practice runs and thought the content allowed me to present the chair, the context and the interaction in a clear and concise manner. The questions I was asked afterwards by Craig and Nick were all completely valid and I hope I was able to answer them sufficiently. The question Nick raised about adjustability for users with a wider frame was especially pertinent. Having modelled the ball full-scale and having seen the problems inherent within the idea, I am beginning to feel that it is not as valuable a feature as I had previously though it would be. Given the projected rise in obesity, an adjustable seat may prove to be of greater value than the ball, although I would have to find another way to allow users the freedom of movement that the ball would have afforded them.


No comments:

Post a Comment